After all items have been accounted for (either scanned or required paperwork processed (ICR)), certification – that the physical inventory was completed and the official property records were found to be in agreement with the physical inventory – is required. All discrepancies are noted on the Certification form and must be signed by appropriate authority.
Follow the instructions below to complete Inventory Certification.
- From the Property Inventory System click Inventory Report (Summary) select the Summary Org. and click search.
- Click the (Certified column) button on the Property Inventory System website. The certification button becomes available after 100% of inventory has been accounted for, scanned and uploaded or ICRs processed.
- View the PDF file. Complete the names, in the form, of those that will be signing (if known).
- Print the Inventory Certification PDF file.
- Obtain the three required signatures on the Inventory Certification form.
- The certify button will display for the summary unit, when all departments for that unit have completed the inventory process (all at 100% & certified). To complete the certification process for the summary unit checkmark Summary level in step 1 and follow steps 2-5.
- No additional printed output from the Property Inventory System is required. Departments should submit the Inventory Certification form without an accompanying list of inventory.